Jesus in the gospel today finds his disciples walking away from Jerusalem. At times, we can think that all seems to be going really well, but all the sudden a fork in the road appears and we continue along the path that seems to be the surest, where our securities lie. Along that path, Christ comes out to our encounter, through thousands of different ways, and we being to see our life under a different light, our heart begins to burn, and we feel we can’t move on. Then all the sudden our eyes are opened and we recognize Christ’s action in our life seeing that this is the only true security that we can hold on to. We recognize Him in the breaking of the bread. Our faith gives us security in this ever-changing world. May we find our security there, and find its transforming value that invites us to go and share it with others, only to find that they have had a similar experience.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on