The fact that Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead is a sign of the life that Christ came to give us. He tells Martha, his sister, that he not only will have him rise on the last day, but that he will make him rise now. The life that Christ wants to give us begins now. We live with hope in the future life, but in our life as Christians we have a treasure that no one else has. Christianity wasn’t meant to be lived as a burden. Christ has set us free. Easter is a celebration of the gift of life that Christ came to give us. May the rest of Lent be a time to continue to die to sin and so be able to be risen by Christ to a new life in Him. This is the only way we can be truly happy.
- Michelle Chandler on The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age
- Cathy Carlin on 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God
- Felicia on 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall
- Kirsten Joubert on Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention
- Diana on Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years