Here are the top 10 reasons I really enjoyed the Regnum Christi Convention this past weekend.
- In involved more than 300 close friends, some old and some new.
- It was held at Mundelein Seminary, which is historic, scenic, peaceful, welcoming – and has pretty good food.
- They have a fancy gizmo that will make you a cup of coffee whenever you like.
- Mundelein is only 33.8 miles from my house, an easy drive, so I didn’t have to fly into O’Hare, stand in long lines and deal with grumpy TSA agents. And the airlines didn’t have the opportunity to lose my luggage.
- They have a grand piano in the “social” room and I got to play a little jazz during happy hour – and nobody booed or left the room in a huff, covering their ears.
- There was Mass each day and there is an amazing chapel.
- The Holy Hour Saturday night was breathtaking.
- The convention was well organized and – believe it or not – things ran on time.
- The speakers were fantastic: inspiring, honest, helpful, real.
- I realized that our renewal has worked and will continue to work, as we continue to strengthen our love for Christ and share that love with others.
We have experienced a profound journey in Regnum Christi. It is a journey none of us would have selected. But today, I’m grateful for this often-painful path – and especially for those who have shared it with me.
For a wealth of pictures and videos from the convention, visit the Regnum Christi Facebook Page.