Today prayer is presented to us in the liturgy. We all need time to pray. Not just to ask God for things, but to build a loving trusting relationship with Him. Prayer is a battle and we must persevere in the battle. Moses has to hold up his arms in prayer to keep the battle in favor of Israel. We have to fight, but also have to learn to lean on others to help us through the fight and to persevere. How often when we are tiered we ask ourselves, where are those who are supposed to be holding up my arms to keep going? At those moments I find that we have to take the moment to look around us and see that there are many others who feel the same. By holding up their arms, our arms are also held up in prayer. We will never tier when we are all holding one another’s arms.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on