Over the past few weeks the gospels have been warning us in a positive way for eternity. Today the liturgy tells us how to make it – humility. Humility is the only way to have communion with God. God is not present in the proud heart. As we journey on, the path seems less and less clear. It isn’t clear how to be humble. We can think that humility is being weak and helpless. Rather, humility is the firm conviction of who we are and who God is. The humble person is able to discover God’s voice and to act on it without putting limits. Humility doesn’t limit us, but rather makes us great in God’s eyes. We all are holding on to something which makes us secure in the eyes of others. Having the faith to place our only security in God rather than in what others think of us is the past of the humble soul. May we ask God for the strength necessary to be able to confide in Him and walk humbly behind Him as He shows us the path to heaven.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on