After the Transfiguration, Matthew tells us that “Christ came and touched them.” Through his touch, He reassures them taking away their fears, “Do not be afraid.” Christ’s touch heals, purifies and consecrates. The experience the disciples had at the transfiguration healed and purified their vision of Christ. He revealed to them who He truly is – God’s Beloved Son. He consecrated them, making them holy as God’s children. There is no reason to be afraid anymore. Christ has done and continues to do the same with us, healing and purifying us through confession and consecrating us through communion. His touch continues to heal our fears, opening our hearts to Him consecrating us as His sons and daughters.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on