Happy Mother’s Day! After having thanked all our mothers today for all they have done for us, we can turn our minds also to a mother of whom we can often forget, Mother Church! The readings today brought her to mind for me. The apostles who are looking to keep the faith alive and St Paul who speaks about living stones. We are sons and daughters of the Church! And she receives her motherhood from Christ. A mother is safe and protects, because she has found her safe place. A mother loves unconditionally because she has received unconditional love. And a mother sends her children on a mission because she lives her life as a mission. The Church protects us from the greatest evil – sin. She loves us unconditionally never turning away anyone. And she gives us our mission to keep the faith, because she is apostolic. We also need to show our gratitude to our Mother Church as her faithful children.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on