Greetings from Haiti! We had a very full day at Gallete Chambon, a village in the outskirts of Port au Prince. Mission Youth has been working with the Immaculate Conception Parish for a few years now. It was a full day in the range of experiences, for many it’s been one of the moments in which they’ve felt most outside their comfort zone, or most stretched to love when it was hard. We were stretched physically (what we thought was a 30 min walk ended up being an hour hike) and emotionally (discerning how to deal with each kid). We were able to appreciate the beauty of the countryside and the goodness, and need, of the people here; we saw many acts of generosity and others of deformation and need. All in all it made us most appreciative of how blessed we are. We finished the day with a great sharing session and Mass, where Father spoke about the missionary endeavors of St Francis Xavier, which were in many ways similar to what we did today. Make sure you ask your loved ones for their personal experience of the village, there’s much to learn. Tomorrow we’ll be serving at the Home of the Dying, also run by the Missionaries of Charity. Keep us in your prayers and know you are in ours!
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on
- What Not to Do This Summer – Part 2 on