This morning as I read the readings about how God won’t forget and how He will take care of our every need, I have to say I was tempted to doubt if that was true as I thought of the those starving in Africa and those Christians suffering in the Middle East. It isn’t easy to believe that He will take care of us. But then the last words of the Gospel for me help me to put it in perspective: “seek first the Kingdom of God… and all these things will be given to you besides.” We are to seek the Kingdom! The Kingdom must be so awesome to be worth giving up food, clothing, and anything else that we cherish so as to have it for eternity. This is the Kingdom that I want to be a part of and want us all to be a part of. Our life here is the time we have to seek above all the Kingdom of God.
- The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age on
- 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God on
- 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention on
- Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years on