The Sacred Heart for me is important for my own spirituality. The first reading tells us that, “They will look upon him whom they have pierced.” His Heart is pierced. Peter in the Gospel tells us that Christ is the Messiah. However, Christ doesn’t reveal Himself until the Pasqual events, His Passion and Resurrection. The piercing of His Heart is the way He opened to us the possibility of knowing Him. Christ reveals to us all the secrets of His Heart on the cross and in the Resurrection. In the Pasqual mystery, we are able to know God as He really is. He is Love. A heart pierced and open for us to come into, through the experience of our own wounded heart.
- Michelle Chandler on The Extreme Adventure of Middle Age
- Cathy Carlin on 52 Dresses: The Heart of a Woman as Seen by God
- Felicia on 10 Ways to Make a Spiritual Fresh Start this Fall
- Kirsten Joubert on Living the Beatitudes at Home – Part 6: Holiness and the Annual Family Intention
- Diana on Living the Beatitudes at Home Part 5: Holiness through the Teenage Years